Re: [myoss] Re: [ossig] anoucement

On 07/09/2004 23:53 SianLun Lau said the following:
> we are not gonna use a list manager to do voting right?

usenet style voting requires that the votes are posted to the public
forum so no irregularities about voting is brought up. as such, the
position of votetaker (to count the votes and announce the results) is a
mere formality as anyone could count the votes as they come in. plus,
with the list publicly archived, this also becomes a public record.

even so, some usenet votetakers have created autoresponders to ack a
vote received by kiboing the news spool. this shouldn't be difficult for
a mailing list, provided votes follow the format which will be announced.