[ossig] [Fwd: CSIS chart on open source laws around the world [ip]]

thot this list may find this useful.

--dinesh

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Politech] CSIS chart on open source laws around the world [ip]
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:00:26 -0500
From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: politech@politechbot.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: CSIS Table on Global Open Source Policies
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:36:00 -0400
From: Jason Keiber <JKeiber@csis.org>
To: <declan@well.com>

Declan,

I work at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in
DC, and just put together a rather large chart providing information on
the number and type of Open Source (OS) software policies and
legislation considered by national, regional or local governments around
the world. It looks at whether the policy or legislation mandated the
use of OS, expressed a preference for OS software, encouraged its use or
commissioned research into OS software. We have not included purchasing
decisions (i.e. a government decided to buy OS products). While a
purchase of OS software could indicate a policy decision that has not
been publicly articulated, it could also be simply a decision made on
the basis of price or product.

Anyhow, I think the readers of Politech would find it interesting. It is
a work in progress, and I welcome any feedback to: jkeiber@csis.org .

http://www.csis.org/tech/OpenSource/0408_ospolicies.pdf

Thanks,

Jason Keiber
Research Assistant
Technology and Public Policy Program
Center for Strategic and International Studies

P:  202.775.3280
F:  202.775.3199
jkeiber@csis.org

----- End forwarded message -----