Re: [ossig] LDAP authentication

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:17:44 +0800
Seah Hong Yee <hongyee@polyscientific.com.my> wrote:

> You can actually uses postgresql as your backend database if you have a lot of
> data in the directory.

i think the openldap had not planned to use a real sql DB engine for ldap... correct me if i am wrong. did read up some faq somewhere before.

btw, SZeKai you can next try openldap+keberos5+samba 3. then you can authenticate against an AD server. we have a mail server running cyrus imap totally have its user database from the AD using this method.

enjoy.

regards,
SiaNLun