Re: [ossig] Increasing level of IT professinalism

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:42:28 +0800 (MYT)
Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com> wrote:

> > played with the crappy PHP/MySQL from "wannabe" OSS companies and
> > developers, and the subcon to a subcon to a subcon to a subcon to a
> > freelance situation. (Not implying that your freelance job is one of
> > those though).
>
> i had warned about this so long ago. with the current OSS awareness,
> companies are going to jump in just for the money, underdeliver, and in
> the process do damage to OSS.

may i ask in what sense is a php/mysql or any other OSS related project ended up as a wannabe project? that means it is not done? means it is just taken from any bulletin board then claimed as a professional work? or not a work that is comparable to a customed written software project?

need to know where to set my standard as i do this part time, and also freelance.. i know i will never be able to write my own, and why recreating the wheel when things are already there... but i tried all i can to deliver what the client wants.

thanks

SL.