Re: [myoss] Re: [ossig] Technical workshops in MIMOS?

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Ken Wong wrote:

> Second the security track suggestion. However, suggest we make the topic

agreed, i had forgotten security, hence this suggestion

7. Security (IDS, Firewalls, file integrity, secure programming practices)

> areas more general, instead of focusing on particular technologies. So
> if we were using Dinesh's 6 topics as a base, I'd suggest: By making

i segmented it that way because i specifically wanted it to be a technical
track, not an overview thing. i personally think that we need to bootstrap
our developers and technical people up the value chain, and most of them
are already aware of the concepts, just not how it's implemented. the
segmentation you're suggestion may be more appropriate for continuation of
the OSS101 series, perhaps OSS201 onwards.

> anything, but www.iosn.net would be glad to host any of these
> materials. It's part of our charter. :)

the more the merrier, three mirrors are way better than one site. :)