Re: [ossig] Thanks for FOSSCON

it's a rewarding experience, meet the people who are
email at mailing list, I enjoy it. yeap looking
forward to learn some neat trick and see some other
open source os in the next conference.

to spice up a little bit, maybe we can also show how
to mix java and linux together in the enterprise
application currently is needed in malaysia such as
integration application using java open source ...
tomcat(web server), jboss(application server),
struct(web framework), and the java IDE environment in
linux such as netbean.

for c, and c++ development, there is no open source
IDE that I'm aware of because most of us using the
tradition tool build around the editor(vi and emacs).
maybe it's time we explore that possibility to show
how we build application in linux. Even though this
tool work great! the only bad thing is take sometime
to be productive in those environment. I"m sure by now
there should be a combine tool even powerful then IDE
to do thing, just I'm not aware of. hey, linux/unix is
still the best environment to do programming for me,
it's developed by programmer for programmer to do
programming. from rapid development tool in perl and
python, down to using SWAT to compile C program to use
in perl, python and etc. And linux/unix is extremely
powerful in text manipulation, by that you can build
your own language to do stuff ... we just have to let
the microsoft vb, C# developer to know how we do it,
and how it's less stress and maintainable to build
using open source tool.

I hope I don't sound too preaching:P hack, anyway, for
those who are smart enough, you shouldn't care, no one
can control your thought unless you allow them to.
it's just information anyway:)

kean

--- Seah Hong Yee <hongyee@polyscientific.com.my>

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.teched.com.my