Re: [ossig] Thanks for FOSSCON

Good job on the organising Imran, MIMOS
For next year we need more technical tracks of the "how-to" type rather than the "what we have done" type
Inet (the Internet Society conference) is a good example
They have experts do full day workshops (hands on - bring your own hardware) which are pretty much fully booked 6 months ahead of time
They teach things like configuring routers, security, IPv6, etc but generally focussed on helping new ISPs get going
I was thinking we could have something like this for OSS in FOSSCON 2004 besides more technical papers

Microsoft TechEd 2003 (powered by Apache, PHP and Linux : http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.teched.com.my )
An additional note to this interesting info :)....the machines at TechEd 2003 were all BLASTED by BLASTER :)
Apparently they did not want to use a Cisco PIX firewall and instead used their own and somehow Blaster found a way through