Re: [ossig] Great Ball interview ... should be in our OSS 'war chest'

On 28 Aug 2003, Uwe Dippel wrote:

> Dinesh expressed it very well yesterday: Open Source will never have a
> strong position in 'high circles' because it makes it very difficult to
> grease the palms of intermediaries. Maybe he said it differently, but

exactly, hence my point that the larger issue is dealing with the
corruption. the benefits of going open source are clear, one would think
that the powers that be would be jumping at this since malaysia does not
have a software industry to protect.