Re: [ossig] Hard disk optimization, and maybe notebookoptimization 2

exactly, there are services that expect network connection.
sendmail is one.
Put in an ip address on your network card and put the ip address & hostname in /etc/hosts

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 13:31 Asia/Kuala_Lumpur, Tejinder Singh wrote:

my machine was not connected to the net at all.

Ir. Tejinder Singh

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Choo [mailto:mikechoo@tm.net.my]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 9:40 AM
To: ossig@mncc.com.my
Subject: Re: [ossig] Hard disk optimization, and maybe
notebookoptimization 2

Then I believe your problem is either network based or DNS based.
The services you want to run is either trying to contact a DNS server
or trying to resolve a name.
Do you have DNS enabled or even your hostname listed in /etc/hosts?

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 08:58 Asia/Kuala_Lumpur, Tejinder Singh