Re: [ossig] Microsoft buys UNIX-licences !

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Tze-Meng Tan wrote:

> BSD went up against AT&T in the courts back in ancient history over
> pretty much the same thing and because of that the state of BSD code

the contention here was narrowed to just 4 source files, which bsd
promptly replaced and att dropped the suit.

> Basically I see this issue as a "coming of age" for Linux, FSF and GPL
> will be tested in the courts (it would have to happen sooner or later)

i doubt this suit will test the gpl. it's got nothing to do with the terms
of the gpl, more of misappropriation of property. the gpl still remains
untested.