[ossig] What is the real solution? Consolidation?

Personally, I'd welcome this move - relegate MS to niche 'high end' use like Apple. The rest of us can enjoy commodity hardware with commodity software (foss) with the associated low price.

On another note - is this the dying breath / last growl of the dinosaur called Microsoft? They sure seem desperate to me...

Microsoft 'Athens' built on strategy for new PC golden age

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/134689749_winhec06.html

Regards,
Mukhsein Johari