Re: [ossig] DNS problems

Govt's duty to the rakyat? Isn't that what the PM is talking about over the last 2 years or so?
Do you think it will happen any time soon?

Not until we get smarter voters.

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 11:51 Asia/Kuala_Lumpur, Dinesh Nair wrote:

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Michael Choo wrote:

That's what competition is about. You prevent your competitors from
getting a foothold in your core business by every means you can. FUD is
normal and there are many ways to do it. It's called killing the
competition.
true, in corporate speak it's called enhancing shareholder value. but the
shareholders of the government are the rakyat, hence they should be doing
something here. i bear no grudge on corporate attacks via marketing
campaigns, promotions and pricing strategies. these are the tools of the
trade. however, government has a duty to it's rakyat to ensure that a fair
playing field is provided. tm already started with a headstart over the
other competitors, to continue to "protect" them is not called for.

company do you think you would let your competitors make use of your
investments to take business away from you? It's very much like
legalizing software piracy.
let's not forget that a large majority of the last mile investments were
paid for by the rakyat. tm was a government entity not too long ago.

NFP license requires the Minister's approval. Which means $$$ if you
speculative. :) (i'm not denouncing what you've said, just that without
evidence its hard to make this hold)

really want it. That's only a part, you need to pay $$$ (3% of annual
revenue to keep the license if i remember correctly).
it's profit based, not revenue. 3% cost of doing business isn't a bad
number at all.

Regards, /\_/\ "All dogs go to heaven."
dinesh@alphaque.com (0 0) http://www.alphaque.com/
| for a in past present future; do |
| for b in clients employers associates relatives neighbours pets; do |
| echo "The opinions here in no way reflect the opinions of my $a $b." |
| done; done |

cheers
-Mike