Re: [ossig] Government turning back to Microsoft??

hmmm....perhaps microsoft is looking for ppl to help
them debug their code now,  at the same time charging
these ppl for a maintenance fee....
u help me to help urself, and pay me ...make good biz sense huh :-)

Uwe Dippel wrote:

> FUD, this whole 'Open Software' thing.
> I already see lists of kilometers of source code being 'looked into';
> in Bejing, Putrajaya and any place else. How many millions of lines
> were there (I forgot)? From thousands of programmers, badly or not
> documented at all.
> Furthermore, what is "Windows Code" ?? Windows 3.1? 95? NT? W2K? XP? or
> Longhorn, by now ??
> Okay, by now the car doesn't have a hood tight up any longer; but
> selected people (NDA !) are shown a free field with all parts and
> pieces of that car strewn about. And they have the permission to look
> at those bits and pieces that one day will be assembled in Redmond; to
> a WindowsCar; so to say.
>
> And our government might be flattered enough that billg considers
> Malaysia *this* important to - boleh ! - let a few people look at
> probably incomprehensible source-code.
>
> Better let them look at the Linux kernel code; at least, there is
> something to *learn*.
>
> Uwe

best wishes.
/nan phin

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.