Re: [ossig] XFree86 4.3 is out and has 3D accel for radeon!

(the last one that seemingly never made it into the list ... here it
comes again:)

Before we end up in a mess:
This message comes up whenever a module is loaded that had been compiled
with a different kernel version. That's all. Nothing else.
Personally, I don't like this too much and *definitively* prefer to
recompile the whole bunch with the kernel used. It *might* affect
stability when you load a module into a kernel that had been compiled
from / with another kernel as you never know if and what had been
touched from one kernel version to the next.

This message *might* come up with proprietary stuff for the same reason:
proprietary stuff comes as binary instead of source. Think of the
NVIDIA-driver. Any kernel to which you load it that had not been used to
compile that binary at NVIDIAs, previously, will complain 'Tainted !'
for the reason given above.

Hope this helps,

Uwe