Re: [ossig] XFree86 4.3 is out and has 3D accel for radeon!

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 01:20, Seah Hong Yee wrote:
> Propritery closed source drivers are tricky and lack the flexibility of
> their open source counter part. From my experience, there are quite
> specific to the version of XF86 and even to the kernel version as well.

Besides it "tainting" your kernel, it does nothing much beyond that. I
use a Cisco VPN Tunnelling client on Linux, and it seemed to compile
fine with kernel sources.

Got a warning about it tainting the kernel (since the drivers aren't
open sourced), I promptly ignored it and performance is as expected.

--
Colin Charles, byte@aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/