Re: [ossig] IDC: Windows cheaper than Linux

Hi!

Have a look at this paper for some data on various aspects of cost ....
"This paper provides quantitative data that, in many cases, using open
source software / free software is a reasonable or even superior
approach to using their proprietary competition according to various
measures. This paper examines market share, reliability, performance,
scalability, security, and total cost of ownership."
http://www.dwheeler.com/oss_fs_why.html

Colin Charles wrote:

> A fairly independent study, based on server use:
>
>         http://news.com.com/2100-1001-975938.html?tag=fd_top
>
> Something that caught my eye:
>
> "We believe these higher costs are...related to the relative

Molly

--
Dr Molly Cheah
Primary Care Doctors' Organisation Malaysia (PCDOM)