[ossig] Are we set on the servers? Admins?

> > since MDC is so keen to host OSS,
> > i wonder whether they would like to help mncc to host the ossig server....
> > at least we can hv more storage....

I agree.

I was wondering - should we not decide on the servers on the basis of usage as opposed to the OS/platform?

We would need at least 1 server for ossig and informational stuff - project websites, downloads and so on. This is the erm...'portal' (this word is starting to sound very marketroid-speak-ish...) for all interested in oss and ossig's activities. This includes of course the domestic oss projects.

Apart from that, there should be devel servers for actually hosting the 'live' projects - like for example zope or jboss applications. This would be more along the lines of web applications.

I'm not sure what the point of having a darwin (and other types of) server is - I mean, if you want to fool around with darwin - why not simply download and install on your home machine?

Here again, I would like to stress on focus - and also, that we realy do what we pledge to do. No sense in dreaming of all sorts of things when we don't have the resources to implement it!

So, what do you guys think? Meng, what are you interested in doing?
Regards,
Mukhsein Johari

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

"Free price comparison tool gives you the best prices and cash back!"
http://www.bestbuyfinder.com/download.htm